Sunday, November 20, 2011

Almost an entire semester has passed...


Well, so much for blogging more often ;)
If I were to try and sum up these past few months in a few paragraphs, I couldn’t even begin to do it. So I will just try with some highlights:

Attended AA meetings for a class, and developed a passion for those individuals.

Went on a tour with Wind Ensemble, and was more blessed with music and words of fellow classmates than I ever thought I would be.

Learned that I love theology more than I ever thought I would. Who knew so much more in Christianity would make so much sense?

Have learned to develop my passions, and see that God can use them in any situation. I CAN still be a missionary without being a teacher, and maybe that’s where my life is going.

Spoke at a youth group that isn’t my wonderful home youth group, and even though I was anxious beyond belief, I did love it, and had a great experience! Writing sermons are fun.

Teaching pre-schoolers Sunday school can be more fun than ever imagined, and more chaotic at the same time.

I have been so blessed by the students in my UNV-180 class. Freshmen are amazing people. I love being able to love them, and help in any way possible.

I have learned that a good laugh with some great friends can heal almost any wound.

Having a mentor is such a blessing. Thank you Rachel! For everything. Even though we were “set up” by IWU last year, and it was required, you have become one of my dearest friends. Thank you!

There are always more songs to listen to. Always. And country music is actually pretty good.

Driving amongst cornfields is surprisingly comforting and peaceful.

Love God. Love People. Go.-That really is all there is in life.

Do something spontaneous at least once a week-it makes life so much more entertaining and rewarding.

A group of students in my Inductive Bible Study class have become such good friends, even simply to see around campus. Thanks girls.
Who knew there was so much to study in the Bible?

Word studies are ridiculous.

Nature is seriously breathtaking. Thank you God.

I want a tattoo. Agape, on my left wrist. Agape is one of the most beautiful words of all time.

Closure in any situation is so important.

God’s timing is the best. And His plans. Even when I don’t want what He wants.

I need to learn to protect my heart more than I do, and to not be so sensitive. It doesn’t help anyone.

I miss home a lot. I’m so blessed to have the greatest support system.
And I’m coming home!!!!!!!!!

Can’t wait!
Tomorrow!

That’s all for now.
:) 

1 comment:

  1. Looks like I now know whats going on in your life without having you to send it all in a massive texts or wait months to hear it from you in person :p

    ReplyDelete