Friday, January 28, 2011

Protect Your Heart

Well, I have been talking about creating a blog for a while, since I feel that I can express myself better with writing than many other means of communication. :)
This blog is going to post my thoughts on life, commentary on events, reflections on my own personal relationship with God, and encouragement. I know that God has given me struggles in life so that I will be able to share with others going through similar struggles, and to encourage them in their walk in the Lord.
I am a freshman college student, I don't know exactly what God is calling me to do with my life, but I do know that He has it all under control. It is all in His hands. And that is where I find my peace.
One verse that has struck me lately is Proverbs 4:23, "Above all else, guard your heart, for it is the wellspring of life." Recently, I have realized how this is more true than I think I would like to admit. I tend to not guard my heart at times, and be overly sensitive in situations, and overreact due to feelings. However, I need to realize that our hearts govern so much of our decision making, and thinking, and reacting to different situations. We need to be sure that we are striving toward making our hearts like God's heart. This is something that I will be working on myself.
Well, that is just a little tidbit for today. :)

1 comment:

  1. Way to go Allie! I'm excited for you and this blog...it will be another way to keep in touch when you're at school :) love you girl!

    ReplyDelete